LifeSaver project has organised a Workshop targeting the Portuguese industry.
This event was held at AMESEIXAL (Serviços Centrais da Câmara Municipal do Seixal) on November 21st, starting at 14:30 with the following agenda:
14:30: Opening by Mr. Raúl Machado on behalf of AMESEIXAL’s president of the board.
14:45: Presentation of the LifeSaver project (Mr. Rui Neves-Silva).
Download here: LifeSaver Project Presentation
15:15: The role of AMESEIXAL at LifeSaver (Mr. Philippe Bollinger)
Download here: AMESeixal Role Presentation
15:45: Coffee break
16:05: Open discussion – Three questions have been put to discussion:
- What is the main driver for Energy Efficiency concerns at your company?
- What are the main barriers for the success of a tool like the LifeSaver platform at your sector/company?
- What is considered an acceptable payback period for the investment in a tool like the LifeSaver platform?
16:45: Conclusions – short summary!
- Regarding the first question, the participants have all identified the cost reduction as the main driver.
- The collection of real-time data from the plant have been identified as the major barrier to the success of the LifeSaver platform. The cost of the installation of additional sensors or providing data access to close platforms already in place has to be very well balanced in a cost-benefit analysis. The consortium should put some efforts in clearly demonstrating the economic advantage of using the LifeSaver approach.
- Portuguese SMEs are struggling with the lack of access to investment capital. Thus, the payback period of an investment in energy efficiency should be from immediate to maximum of two years.
The participation is free of charge but, in case you are interested in participating, we would kindly ask you to send an e-mail to email@example.com.